Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services 5 User Cals
Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services - 5 User CALs
- This is a 5 user Client Access License (CAL) Pack for use with Windows Server. This is not a Windows Server License. You will need to purchase or own a Server License for use with this CAL
- Every user or device accessing Windows Server requires a CAL
- This licensing pack allows 5 named users to access Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 or 2012 R2
- Good for companies that have more devices than users (most companies)
Windows Remote Desktop Services
With Remote Desktop Services (RDS) one of the core virtualization technologies available in Windows Server Microsoft is progressing in its vision to provide the best virtualization platform for accelerating and extending desktop and application deployments from the data center to any device. In addition to the traditional session virtualization scenario (formerly known as “Terminal Services”) Remote Desktop Services is expanding its role to provide an extensible platform for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
Remote Desktop Services allows a user to access applications data and even an entire desktop running on a remote computer over a network. The client access device can either be a full rich Windows personal computer or a thin client (such as Windows CE device). Remote Desktop Services works by allowing individual applications or an entire desktop to run on a server rather than on the user's workstation. Remote Desktop Services simply sends screen images to the users and the user's machine in turn sends keystrokes and mouse movements back to the server. By doing this Remote Desktop Services allows clients to run applications or desktop environments that they might otherwise not have the hardware or bandwidth to support. On the server applications and desktop environments can either run as shared sessions or in the context of a virtual machine environment (aka virtual desktop infrastructure or VDI).
A User CAL permits one user (using any device) to access or use the server software. User CALs are likely to be more cost effective than Device CALs if there are multiple devices per user (for example a user has a laptop and handheld computer accessing Windows Remote Desktop Services). Bundle of 5 CALs. You can order additional CALs if needed."""
Software Assurance (SA) is Microsoft's maintenance program that provides product support software upgrades and more.
- Your activation key will be sent directly to the email address associated with your purchase almost instantly
- Brand New: This product includes A Brand New Unused Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services - 5 User CALs, Legitimate Genuine Retail Key that can be used to activate on the Microsoft Store in any region.